All text and product images are the intellectual property and copyright of Pipestock Limited
Key Features / Tech Specs:
- Material: polyvinyl chloride – unplasticised (PVCu)
- Temperature range 5°C to 60°C
- Wide range of chemical resistance
- PVC pipe is lightweight and extremely easy to install
- Smooth bore resists lime scale build-up and gives superior flow
- Design life of 50 years based on maximum pressure at 20°C
- Abrasion resistant and corrosion free
- Precision matched system
- Non-toxic suitable for potable water
- Ideal for acids, alkalis, chemical processing, effluents and effluent treatment
- Material cost (43%) labour install cost (60%) savings over metal pipe systems
- WRAS approved
- WRc tested
- Pipes manufactured in accordance with BS3505 and EN1452-2
- Pipe fittings manufactured in accordance with BS4346 Part 1
- Threaded PVC pipe fittings conform to the requirements of BS 21 / DIN 2999 / ISO 7
- Not suitable for use with compressed air
Pressure ratings for plastic pipework systems are always quoted at 20°C, it is a fundamental principle of such systems that if the temperature is increased then the pressure rating must be reduced. PVC systems should never be used for temperatures in excess of 60°C.
The following chart gives a rough guide as to the temperature/pressure relationship of PVC pipework.
|Class C||9.0 bar||9.0 bar||5.2 bar||3.5 bar||2.0 bar|
|Class D||12.0 bar||9.6 bar||6.9 bar||4.6 bar||2.6 bar|
|Class E||15.0 bar||12.0 bar||8.7 bar||5.8 bar||3.3 bar|
IMPORTANT: The technical data given in this website is for preliminary information purposes only and is published without guarantee. All line drawings are for illustrative purposes only and should not be regarded as wholly accurate in every detail. We reserve the right to withdraw or to alter the specification of any product without notice. For more information, please consult our Terms of Business.
PVC is also referred to as PVCu and uPVC.
The pipes and fittings in this section are all British Standard. This standard is based on the nominal bore of the pipes, not the diameter. For clarification please see the table in each pipe class in the drop down marked [+] More Information. If in doubt please ring us to avoid ordering the wrong products.
PVC is an excellent thermoplastic pipe system used in many industries for the transportation of liquids, including those containing: acids, alkalis, chemical processing, sewerage and water treatment.
PVC is non-toxic and has been proven to be resistant to a wide range of diluted acids, alkalis, salts and water soluble solvents. However, it is not resistant to aromatic or chlorinated hydrocarbons.
PVC products are easy to identify due to their dark grey colour.
If you require any further information then don’t hesitate to ring us here at Pipestock on 0845 634 1053. We’re always happy to help!