Login / Register
Terms of Business
Please read carefully the Terms of Business which governs your use of this Website. By using this Site and/or placing an order, you are agreeing to them.
In these conditions “the company” shall mean Pipestock Limited, “the purchaser” shall mean the person, firm, company or private individual who has viewed/used pipestock.com, any quotation or with whom any contract is made and “the goods” shall mean the goods and/or services agreed to be sold by the Company to the purchaser.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS
This Site is owned and operated by Pipestock Limited. The material contained on this Website, including all design, text, graphics, selection and arrangement of content and all other information on this Site are copyright to Pipestock Limited or its licensees, content providers or technology providers. All rights reserved. Any unauthorised use of the material on this site without the prior permission of Pipestock Limited is a violation of copyright, trademark and other applicable laws.
1. QUOTATION AND ACCEPTANCE
- All quotations are given and all orders are accepted on these terms which shall apply to the exclusion of and shall override any other items stipulated or referred to by the purchaser whether in its order or any other document, or in any negotiations or communication or course of dealing established between the Company and the purchaser.
- No modification or amendment of these terms or addition thereto shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by a director of the Company.
2. DESCRIPTION OF AND STATEMENT AS TO GOODS
- Save where the goods are stated to be sold as complying with a recognised trade or industry standard, all descriptions, specifications, drawings and particulars of weights and dimensions submitted by the Company or otherwise contained in the Company’s website, catalogues, brochures, price lists, quotations and publicity materials are approximate only and the Company shall not be liable for their accuracy unless they are expressly incorporated into the contract in writing.
- These terms represent the entire agreement between the Company and the purchaser relating to the goods and such terms supersede and the purchaser shall not place any reliance upon any statements, recommendations and advice whether oral or in writing given (whether before or after the acceptance by the Company of the purchaser’s order) by the Company, its servants or agents as to any matter relating to the goods save where such statement, recommendations or advise is given in writing and signed by a director of the Company in response to a specific written request from the purchaser before or at the time of the Company’s acceptance of the order.
Prices quoted by the Company are those in effect at the date of quotation. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the Company reserves the right to increase prices when it accepts the purchaser’s order so as to reflect one or more of the following:
- Any variation the may have occurred in the costs of labour, materials, suppliers, overheads and transport.
- Any change in duty, tax, surcharge or levy of any kind whatsoever affecting the sale price of the goods.
- Any cost to the Company resulting from delay by the purchaser in giving to the Company information sufficient to enable it to supply the goods or provide the services or resulting from any alteration made at the request of the purchaser in the specification of the goods or in the place to which they are to be delivered or shipped.
- Any extra cost to the Company resulting from the goods being carried at the request of the purchaser by modes of transport more expensive than the Company’s normal form of transport.
- "MRRP" - any "MRRP" used on this Site represents the manufacturers' suggested selling prices and may not be indicative of the prevailing selling prices at any specific time and place.
- "Pipestock Unit Price" - despite our careful attention to pricing, an item could be mis-priced inadvertently. If an item's correct price is lower than our quoted price, we will charge the lower (correct) amount and deliver the item to you. If an item's correct price is higher than our quoted price, Pipestock Limited shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. However, we might at our discretion decide to honour the lower (incorrect) price and send the item in order not to cause you inconvenience.
- “You Save" - all references to “You Save" on this Site are based on your average savings relative to the "list price" excluding the VAT calculation.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the price for the goods will be due and payable on the last business day of the month following delivery.
- The Company shall be entitled to charge interest on any part of the price which is not paid in accordance with: clause (a) at the rate per annum of 5% above the Base Rate of HSBC Bank from time to time.
- Time of payment is of the essence and if the purchaser defaults in punctual payment of the price the Company shall be entitled to terminate the contract and recover the goods at the purchaser’s expense without prejudice to any further rights which the Company may have.
- Any default in payment of an invoice or an instalment payable on an invoice on the due date shall render the entire balance outstanding on all invoices from the Company to the purchaser immediately payable in full without demand being made notwithstanding any contrary provisions as to terms of payment in any one or all invoices.
- If the purchaser fails to give all instructions reasonably required by the Company and all necessary documents, licences, consents and authorities for forwarding the goods or is unable to accept delivery of the goods at the time when the goods are due and ready for despatch or delivery or shall otherwise cause or request delay, the purchaser shall pay to the Company all costs and expenses, including storage and insurance charges incurred or arising from such delay during which at the Company’s absolute discretion if its storage facilities permit, the goods will be stored at the purchaser’s sole risk. This provision shall be in addition to and not in substitution for any other payment or damages for which the purchaser may be liable in respect of his failure to take delivery at the appropriate date.
- The purchaser shall not be entitled to make any deduction from the price of goods which have been delivered to the purchaser in respect of any set off or counterclaim unless both the validity and the amount thereof have been expressly admitted in writing by the Company and such admission is signed by a director of the Company.
- In the absence of any specific appropriation by the purchaser, the Company shall have the right to appropriate any payment made by the purchaser towards the satisfaction of any invoice outstanding from time to time as the Company shall in its absolute discretion think fit.
- Any time or date stated for delivery, however it is communicated. It is not guaranteed and is intended only as an estimate. The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever resulting from any delay in delivery howsoever arising. You should not book professional trades people until you have received the goods.
- Unless otherwise stated in writing delivery shall be deemed to take place upon the occurrence of the first in time of the following, namely:
- the physical delivery of the goods to the purchaser's at the designated delivery address.
- the physical delivery of the goods to the purchaser’s carrier or agent for the purpose of transmission to the purchaser or his nominee
- the physical delivery of the goods to the purchaser’s place of business or such other place as he may direct by the Company, its carrier or agent, the purchaser being responsible for unloading
- A named individual at the purchaser's address or photograph on the electronic delivery note by any employee, representative or agent of the purchaser shall be conclusive proof of delivery.
- Where the contract provides for delivery by the Company, its carrier or agent
- any claims for non-delivery must be made in writing to the Company within seven days of receipt of invoice or advice note whichever is the earlier
- any claims in respect of goods damaged in transit or shortages in delivery must be made in writing to the Company within three days of delivery, shortages in delivery shall not give rise to a right to reject the goods delivered
- The Company shall be entitled to make partial deliveries or deliveries by installments and all the provisions of these terms shall apply to such deliveries.
- The Company shall endeavour to the best of its ability to deliver the total linear requirements in the lengths ordered, but reserve the right to fulfill the order in available lengths at the same price per linear metre.
6. TRADING TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR PRIVATE INDIVIDUALS
Pipestock Limited is classified as SIC07 46740 WHOLESALE OF HARDWARE, PLUMBING AND HEATING EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES. Our target customers are businesses, the products we sell are for commercial and industrial applications or to be installed by qualified professional trades people. Therefore, our Terms & Conditions are based upon Business to Business trading, all prices on our website are quoted as ex-VAT. Private individuals can have the all benefits of buying wholesale but the Terms & Conditions on which we trade will be as though we are trading Business to Business. Private individuals need to also be aware that delivery times, however communicated are not guaranteed and are estimates only. You should not book professional trades people until you have received the goods.
7. PROPERTY AND RISK
- Risk in the goods shall pass to the purchaser at the time at which delivery takes place in accordance with clause 5 above and the purchaser shall be solely responsible for insuring the goods thereafter.
- The Company shall retain ownership of and title in the goods delivered until full payment has been made in respect of all such goods. Until such time the goods shall be:
- stored separately from other goods in the possession of the purchaser
- marked or otherwise rendered identifiable as being the property of the Company
- held by the purchaser as bailee of the Company
- held by the purchaser free from any charge, lien or other encumbrance
- Provided the Company has not requested their return and not withstanding that payment in full has not been made for all of the goods delivered, the purchaser as principal and not as agent for the Company shall be entitled to use the goods or offer for sale and sell them in the ordinary course of his business.
- Where the purchaser sells the goods prior to paying for them in full
- the Company shall be legally and beneficially entitled to the proceeds of sale
- the purchaser shall hold the proceeds of sale on trust for the Company and shall not mingle them with other monies and shall not pay them into an overdrawn bank account
- he shall deposit the proceeds of sale in a separate bank account, the location and number of which he has previously notified to the company, and he shall not be entitled to use or deal with the proceeds of sale until payment in full for the goods has been made with the Company
- The Company shall have the right at any time by its servants or agents to enter the purchaser’s premises where the goods are stored or are thought by the Company to be stored, so as to
- retake possession of the goods when the Company has requested their return and the purchaser has not immediately complied with the request, such retaking or return to be without prejudice to any other rights the Company may have arising there from
- inspect the storage of the Company’s goods which have not been paid for in full
- investigate and ascertain whether all these terms are being complied with.
8. GUARANTEE AND LIABILITY
- The Company guarantees all goods which have been manufactured by the Company against any defect of work or materials which can be proved to the Company’s satisfaction to have been caused before delivery provided that
- the goods are used for their normal purpose,
- full details of any such defect are notified to the Company within fifteen days of its first appearance and
- the goods in which the defect arises are returned at the purchasers expense to the Company
- The guarantee shall be for a period of twelve months from the date of delivery in accordance with clause 4 above and the liability of the Company shall be limited at its option either to supplying replacement goods, which will be supplied subject to these terms, or refunding the price of the goods.
- The Company gives no guarantee in respect of goods not manufactured by it but shall use all reasonable endeavours to procure for the purchaser or assign to the purchaser the benefit of any guarantee obtained by it from the manufacturer or supplier thereof, however the Company shall not be required to commence litigation against such manufacturer or supplier or to incur any expense in connection with any such claim by the purchaser.
- The above guarantee is given in lieu of and to the exclusion of all other warranties, conditions, representations and undertakings express or implied by statute or otherwise in respect of the quality or fitness for purpose of the goods or as to their condition or performance or as to any other matter except where such warranty or condition is implied by statute and, by reason of a statutory provision cannot be excluded.
- Save as provided herein and save in any case where death or personal injury has been caused by the Company’s negligence or any case where the Company is liable for a defect in the goods pursuant to Part 1 in the Consumer Protection Act 1987 or any statutory replacement thereof, the Company shall be under no liability whatsoever to the purchaser for any loss or damage whether direct, indirect or consequential arising out of any defect in failure of or unsuitability for any purpose of the goods or any part thereof whether the same be due to any act, omission breach of contract, negligence or wilful default in design, workmanship or materials or any other cause.
9. INDEMNITY AS TO INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- The purchaser shall indemnify the Company against all loss, damages, costs and expenses suffered or incurred by the Company or to which the Company may become liable as a result of any work carried out in accordance with the purchaser’s specification(s) which involves infringement or alleged infringement of a patent, registered design or other industrial property right.
- If the purchaser uses or sells the goods in such a manner as to infringe any such rights the Company shall not be responsible for such infringement and the purchaser agrees to indemnify the Company from and against all liability arising there from.
The Company shall have the right forthwith to cancel the purchaser’s order if any of the following events occur and subject to enforcement of the Company’s rights to recover the goods and to received payment of the price of damages, the contract shall be deemed to have terminated:
- the purchaser commits any breach of its obligations to the Company
- any distress or execution is levied upon any property of the purchaser
- the purchaser makes or offers to make any arrangement or composition with creditors or commits any act of bankruptcy or insolvency
- any resolution is passed to petition presented to wind up the purchaser
- a receiver or administrator is appointed or any charge takes possession of all or any part of the undertaking or assets of the purchaser
- the purchaser stops payment or ceases or threatens to cease to carry on its business or to pay its debts as and when they fall due
- any remittance for payment of the whole or any part of the purchase price of the goods is dishonoured by the purchaser’s bankers
The purchaser shall not assign or transfer or purport to assign or transfer any contract to which these terms apply to any other person without the Company’s prior written consent. The Company reserves the right to subcontract the performance of the contract of any part of it.
12. FORCE MAJEURE
If the Company is prevented or delayed (directly or indirectly) from making delivery of the goods or any part thereof or from otherwise performing the contract or any part thereof by reason of war, embargo, riot, strike, lockout, trade dispute, fire, break-down of plant or machinery, inclement weather, interruption of transport, Government action, delay in delivery to the Company of any goods or materials or by any cause whatsoever (whether or not of a like nature to the aforegoing) outside its control, is shall be under no liability whatsoever to the purchaser and shall be entitled at its option either to cancel the contract or without any liability to extend the time or times for delivery by a period equivalent to that during which such delivery has been prevented.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED AT LAW, PIPE STOCK LTD IS PROVIDING THIS WEB SITE AND ITS CONTENTS ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND MAKES NO (AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL) REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEB SITE OR ITS CONTENTS INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN ADDITION, PIPE STOCK LTD DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS WEB SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT.
In an effort to provide our customers with the most current information, price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
Save in respect of your statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1977 (as amended) and the Unfair Contracts terms Act 1977 and save in respect our guarantee, we shall not be liable to you by reason of any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under these terms of our contract with you, for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever (whether caused by our negligence) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the goods or their use by you.
13. PROPER LAW
The contract and these terms shall be governed by English law and the purchaser shall submit to the sole jurisdiction of the English Courts.