All text and product images are the intellectual property and copyright of Pipestock Limited
Key Features / Tech Specs:
- Material: acrylonitrile butadiene styrene
- Operating temperature range of -40°C to 70°C, dependent on pressure
- Wide range of chemical resistance (see below for full details)
- Extremely resistant to impact
- Smooth bore resists limescale build-up and gives superior flow
- Design life of 50 years
- Abrasion resistant and corrosion free
- Fully matched system
- Non-toxic - suitable for cold potable water
- No metallic stabilisers - ideal for conveying high purity de-ionised water
- Material cost (43%) labour install cost (60%) savings over metal pipe systems
- British Industrial Biological Research Association Code of Practice for Food Usage 45/5
- WRAS, EEC and British Plastic Federation approved
- Manufactured in accordance with BS5391 Part 1 & BS5392 Part 1
The following chart gives a rough guide as to the temperature/pressure relationship of ABS.
|Class C||9.0 bar||9.0 bar||7.8 bar||6.5 bar||5.5 bar||4.2 bar||2.8 bar|
|Class D||12.0 bar||12.0 bar||10.5 bar||8.9 bar||7.2 bar||5.5 bar||3.6 bar|
|Class E||15.0 bar||15.0 bar||13.0 bar||11.0 bar||9.0 bar||7.0 bar||4.8 bar|
The pipes and fittings in this section are all British Standard. This standard is based on the nominal bore of the pipes, not the diameter. For clarification, please see the table in each pipe class in the drop down marked [+] More Information. If in doubt, please ring us to avoid ordering the wrong products.
ABS is the acronym for acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, which is the plastic copolymer specially formulated for the manufacture of ABS pipe, fittings and valves.
Acrylonitrile gives chemical resistance, ensuring the pipework does not corrode or scale. Butadiene adds impact strength and toughness, especially at low temperatures. Styrene ensures that the bore is extremely smooth and gives additional strength. Combined, these ensure that the necessary performance characteristics are met for use in robust industrial applications.
A superb range of ABS pipework is stocked here at Pipestock for next day delivery. All our ABS products are simple to identify as they are light grey in colour, and are manufactured from the very best Grade A raw material.
ABS pipework is extremely sturdy against impact, has good chemical resistance and is non-toxic, making it extremely versatile. It is also light and simple to fit using ABS solvent cement. It has been proven to be resistant to a wide range of diluted inorganic acids, organic acids, salts, animal fats and certain oils. It is not resistant to organic solvents, alcohol, petrol, acetic acid or any vegetable oils, however.
ABS provides an excellent thermoplastic pipe system used by many industries in systems for food and beverage production, sewerage and water treatment.
It is a fundamental principle in plastic pipe systems that if the temperature is increased then the pressure rating must be reduced. Pressure ratings for plastic pipework systems are always quoted at 20°C. ABS pipework systems should never be used for temperatures in excess of 70°C.
If you require any further information then don’t hesitate to ring us here at Pipestock on 0845 634 1053. We’re always happy to help!