TracPipe Pipe System Information:
TracPipe is used for the conveying of natural gas. TracPipe is manufactured from stainless steel and takes the form of a semi-rigid pipe which allows the installer to bend by hand into the desired shape. Without the need for elbow or bend fittings, TracPipe is incredibly quick to install compared to traditional gas pipe such as copper and steel. With an average time saving of 75% TracPipe saves a large amount on installation and labour costs.
TracPipe adheres to all the relevant British gas pipe regulations as well as being a financially economic product. These innovative gas pipe and fittings are available here at Pipestock for great prices.
Key Facts:· Stainless Steel
· Flexible and therefore easy to handle and fit
· Alternative to original copper or steel gas pipe
· BSI Kitemarked to British Standard BS7838
· TracPipe is suitable for natural gas, propane or butane, (1st 2nd and 3rd family gases)
· Working pressures to 75mbar
· May be buried directly in screed/concrete, without the need for additional protection
· TracPipe bends by hand
· Limited joining
· Dramatic reduction of installation time
· Improves productivity and safety
· Terminates with male BSP fittings
· Simply and quickly attached
· No need for special tools
· No need for bends or elbows
Advantages over traditional gas pipe:· Lower installation cost
· Typically 75% of installation time saved
· Metal to metal seal
· Self-correcting for out of round cuts
· Lighter & easier to handle
· Cuts with standard tube cutter
· Fewer joints, less chance of leakage, long length reels, fewer call backs and fewer man hours
· No pipe-threading machine, no oil & reduced injuries
· No welding or hot work on site
· Reduced testing and less specialist labour
· More installations in the same amount of time
TracPipe is made from high quality stainless steel manufactured into a semi-rigid gas pipe. There is a smoke and fire retardant yellow polyethylene cover over the top of the stainless steel core showing the word ‘gas’.
The stainless steel material the TracPipe is made from ensures superior corrosion resistance to the traditional copper or steel gas piping. The outer cover increases TracPipe’s corrosion resistance. Correctly installed, TracPipe can be expected to last for the design period of the fabric of the building in which it is installed.
TracPipe can be used to convey gas to buildings including residentials such as apartment blocks, commercial buildings such as sports stadiums and other buildings including schools. The wide variety of applications which TracPipe can be used for makes it even more preferable to traditional copper and steel gas pipes.
Approvals, Standards & Quality:
TracPipe has relevant approvals and standards to ensure that it is safe to use in the conveying of natural gas. The approvals and standards are as follows:
· BS 7838 Approved
· Tested by Advantica (originally BG Technology)
· BSI Kitemark
Pipestock are also well-known suppliers of top quality PVC Pipe Systems.