Protecta-line Pipe is an award winning, multi-layered, co-extruded polyethylene barrier pipe for conveying drinking water in contaminated ground.
In recent times we have seen an increase in contaminated land being used for developments where drinking water is needed. These sites are known as brownfield land and have been used previously for industrial and commercial uses. As a result these areas carry a particularly high risk of contamination and conventional polyethylene piping systems cannot be used as any chemicals left behind can permeate the pipe wall causing unpleasant tastes, shortening the life of the pipe and potentially harming people. This is where Protecta-Line Pipe systems come in.
· Suitable for use in contaminated Brownfield sites
· Pipe incorporates an impermeable metallic barrier wrapped onto a standard steel core of PE80
or PE100 (Excel) pipe creating an effective contamination preventative.
· Double bonded construction
· Approved by WRAS and DWI
· Pipe conforms to BS 6572 or WIS 4-32-17/BS EN 12201.
· High chemical resistance
· Light weight
· Quick and easy to install
· May be subjected to cold bending as for standard polyethylene pipes.
Due to the structure of Protecta-Line Pipe any chemicals left in the land cannot damage the pipe wall, ensuring preservation of long-term strength, many years of usage and various cost benefits. The double bonded construction incorporates an impermeable metallic barrier wrapped onto a standard steel core of PE80 or PE100 (Excel) pipe conforming to BS 6572 or WIS 4-32-17/BS EN 12201. Protecta-Line Pipe also has a PE outer protection layer as an additional barrier against ground contaminant permeation. Protecta-Line Pipe holds the same installation benefits as conventional PE pipe as it is lightweight, flexible material that is fast and easy to install.
Pipe Sizes & Lengths Available:
The size and material of Protecta-Line Pipe available includes:
· 25mm to 63mm in SDR11 PE80
· 90mm to 180mm in SDR11 and SDR17 PE100 (Excel).
Pipestock have the following lengths of Protecta-Line Pipe available:
· 6m and 12m sticks
· 25m, 50m and 100m coils, depending on diameter.
· Protecta-Line Mechanical Compression Fittings from 25mm to 63mm including Coupling,
Reducing Coupling, Transition fittings, Equal Tee, 90 degree Elbows and End Caps.
· Protecta-Line Stop Cocks at 25mm & 32mm
· Protecta-Line Self Tapping Ferrule Off-Takes in main sizes (90-180mm) with 25mm or 32mm
· Protecta-Line fluid Compression Fittings from 63mm to 180mm including Couplers, Reducers,
90 degree Elbows, Flanged Branch Tees, Service Tees and Stub Flanges.
Stock & Delivery:
Pipestock have a great amount of Protecta-Line Pipework available and offer next day delivery to most parts of the UK.
Approvals & Standards:
· Drinking Water Inspectorate, Regulation 31 (All Pipes)
· WRAS (The complete System)
· BS 6572 (25mm-63mm Pipes)
· WIS 4-32-17 (25mm – 180mm Pipes)
· BS EN 12201 (25mm – 180mm Pipes)
· WIS 4-32-19 (25mm – 180mm System) –
System permeation test independently verified *
· Sizes 90mm to 180mm of Protecta-Line can be joined using Electrofusion and Butt-fusion. Whilst the integrity of these joints has been proven by permeability testing to WIS 4-32-19, to ensure long term safety Pipestock recommends wrapping completed joints with Protecta-Line aluminium tape followed by a proprietary waterproof petrolatum tape (equivalent to Denso).
· Protecta-Line systems should be pressure tested after installation using the normal industry procedures employed for PE pipelines, but taking extra care appropriate when working in a contaminated environment as set out by Local Water Undertaking.
Protecta-Line Pipework is designed, manufactured and supplied as a complete system. The use of non-approved products with the Protecta-Line system will invalidate the water industry WRAS approvals 0509063 & 0609132 and may compromise system performance and its ability to maintain water quality.