All text and product images are the intellectual property and copyright of Pipestock Limited
Key Features / Tech Specs:
- Material: medium density polyethylene
- For water use only
- All fittings are rated PN16 for water (Excludes Lightfit)
- WRAS approved
- Creates a strong and reliable joint
- Conforms to BS EN1555, BS EN12201, WIS 4-32-14, WIS 4-32-15
Basic Fitting Guidelines:
It is always important to read the manufacturer's instructions on how to use MDPE electrofusion fittings. The following procedure is a guideline only and involves the following basic steps:
- Thoroughly clean and dry the pipework to be joined.
- Insert the pipework into the electrofusion fitting.
- Run the required voltage through the fitting for the specified time.
- Stop the current and leave the assembly to cool for specified time.
Electrofusion is one of the most effective ways of joining MDPE and other plastic pipework. It gives a secure and reliable joint which tends to be more reliable than other joining techniques. Pipestock have the most comprehensive range of electrofusion fittings available.
MDPE electrofusion fittings are designed with built-in electric heating elements which are heated in order to weld pipe systems together. When the voltage is running through the fitting, the heater coils melt the inside of the fitting and the outside of the pipe wall, welding together the pipework and producing a very strong homogenous joint.
Our MDPE electrofusion fittings feature fully computerised welding control and monitoring, making them second-to-none.
Each fitting is supplied individually bagged.
If you require any further information then don’t hesitate to ring us here at Pipestock on 0845 634 1053. We’re always happy to help!